Security Officer (Part-Time)
Friday and Saturday night, 10:30 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 2:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
The security officer is responsible for appropriate measures
designed to protect the health and welfare of and maintain a safe
environment for the university's students, staff, and faculty
including but not limited to, disturbances, violations of
university property, and/or possible criminal activity. The
security officer is expected to respond to emergency and disaster
situations. All employees are expected to promote good will and a
positive image of National University of Health Sciences
Conduct continuous campus-wide patrols, including but
not limited to:
- Close and lock doors and windows and turn off all lights in
offices and classrooms
- Open and close all buildings at set times and set alarms on
- Check all dorms and apartment housing
- Provide monthly inspections of life safety equipment on campus
(i.e.: fire extinguishers, exit lights, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Respond to all complaints
- Record all contacts, events, or security-related observations
in the security log book.
- Complete a security report for any violation of the
- Enforce university's policies, especially as they relate to
conduct and safety
- Monitor and restrict all disruptive behavior or alcohol-related
- Provide reasonable assistance to students or university
personnel; example: escort requests
- Provide liaison between NUHS security personnel and Lombard
police personnel when applicable.
- Provide advice on improving NUHS security
- Customer service oriented/strong interpersonal and
- High School graduate
- Detail oriented
- PERC Registered with the State of Illinois
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in a college or university.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume to:
Fax: 630-889-6570 Attn: HR
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer