The Groundskeeper is accountable for maintenance and
presentation on the University's outdoor landscaping for seasonal
weather including: mowing, raking, weeding, trimming of bushes and
planting during the spring and summer months, snow removal,
plowing, and salting, etc. in the winter months and other general
maintenance is required as needed.
The individual must have excellent communication skills to
communicate direction to co-workers. The Groundskeeper is
accountable for the appearance and presentation of the universities
landscaping and other general maintenance required as needed. The
individual is expected to attend necessary training programs for
personal and professional growth. He/she will exhibit many of the
qualities listed below and other duties as assigned. All employees
are expected to promote good will and a positive image of National
University of Health Sciences (NUHS).
- Mowing - The individual must have experience operating high
power mower/rider to mow the lawn.
- Raking of leaves and removal of leaves from the
- Weeding - Must be able to work with weed killer and
- Trimming of bushes - the individual must be able to operate
high power electrical tools for trimming bushes, remove all excess
- Planting and other landscaping projects associated with the
university grounds involving, planting, maintaining, watering, and
general care of shrubs, trees and flowerbeds. Have a good eye for
unhealthy shrubs, trees, flowerbeds etc. for extra care and/or
replace when necessary.
- Cleaning sidewalks, stairwells, inside and outside staircases,
and retention pond.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with mowing, trimming, planting, snow
removal and general maintenance of grounds.
- Must be willing and able to work in inclement weather
- Must possess or be able to obtain State of Illinois pesticide
- Must be able to lift and carry 75+ pounds
- Must have a valid Illinois license
- High school graduate
- Ability to work with small tools in repair or equipment, and
other hand and power tools.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with landscaping in a college
- Must be able to climb a ladder, etc.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume to:
Fax: 630-889-6570 Attn: HR
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer