This staff position is administrative support for the Vice
President for Academic Services (VPAS), Vice President for
Administrative Services (VPADS), and reports to the Executive
Services Coordinator. On occasion, this assistant provides support
to the President and Vice President for Business Services
- When requested, transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Type letters, memoranda, reports, etc. as directed by the VPAS
- Prepare, distribute, collect, and file faculty documents such
as contracts, evaluations, etc.
- Arrange airline reservations, hotel reservations, and
limousines as assigned.
- Send flowers, on occasion of illness or death of faculty or
non-faculty personnel of the University, when so informed.
- Process requisitions and payments as assigned.
- Schedule appointments.
- Open mail, sort, organize, distribute.
- Organize reports as assigned.
- Answer the telephone, provide information and receive
- Work in cooperation with others, i.e., administrators, faculty,
and other staff, for the most effective and efficient
accomplishment of the University mission.
- Arrange all luncheons, social and community events as
- Maintain files and scan documents as assigned.
- Serve as backup secretary for the other administrative office
staff as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of all executive matters and
- Maintain and update current project list and work with VPAS and
VPADS on a regular basis to ensure that project list is addressed
in timely manner.
- Complete vacation/sick forms for VPAS and VPADS and submit copy
to Executive Services Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate with additional secretarial school
- Excellent typing skills.
- Ability to transcribe from electronic media.
- Two to four years of secretarial experience.
- Computer literate, knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of filing system.
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your resume with salary requirements
Fax: 630-889-6570 Attn: HR
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer